26 May, 2009

The perfect denim


For my recent birthday, I received what has now become the perfect pair of jeans. I have a pretty solid collection of denim: Levi's, Helmut Lang, Earnest Sewn (I'm a sale shopper) but this new pair trounces them all. The fit in unparalleled, the wash is that shade that works in the office and at the lounge, the cut and fit hit the bottom of my mocha split-toe oxfords and look just at home with my "vintage" Fila hi tops. They're not dangerously low-waisted as all men are not A&F models, nor are they too high. The straight fit is what I usually stick to. These are slim but, not hipster skinny. 
What you'll love about the lack of stitching is the jeans are at home just about anywhere. I prefer not to wear jeans to say a church or a elegant dinner but, one wouldn't be out of place. Trendier jeans have their places and times. The New Standard, however, works at all times.
I've read about the A.P.C. New Standard for some time now. I've read the praise fashion editors have headed on the unadorned pant. I must say, I'm experiencing what they're written about: how the jeans are stiffer than cardboard, how they eventually conform to your body, how the understated aspects and superb fit make more of an impact than an embroidered 'R' on a back pocket could ever make. So far, they're the perfect jeans.

No comments: