10 December, 2008

Looks of the day








As usual, I browse the AP gallery daily. I came across these photos of some well-dressed and cool people. Jada and Will always look great. The pair attend the New York premiere of "The Day the Earth Stood Still," Tuesday evening. I like how Will Smith always mixes up  his look. What appears to be a car coat, a v-neck sweater and a great driving cap are fantastic touches and still evoke a certain formality with the darker tones. Smith is looks great in suits or jeans but, unlike some stars doesn't stick to rigid formula of dressing. I like this hair for Jada. She can look too severe with her hair pulled back and relaxed. Overall, I love the coat and the braids. The belt breaks up the look nicely. It's nice to see Prince Harry in a single-breasted suit. Even better...slanted flap pockets and a ticket pocket. He's young and should dress with some flavor. Poor Prince William. Trying to look like dad in boxy double-breasted suits and just not pulling it off.  Joshua Jackson looks great in this grey two-button, black sweater and chunky scarf. Always bet on black and grey for the winter. Beat Arthur is here just because I'm a Golden Girls geek.  Keanu Reeves looks great...from the neck down. There are some who can pull off the facial hair; John Legend, Tom Ford. Reeves isn't one, I'm a believe that when one dresses like this, the hair at the very least should follow the same pattern of attention given to the clothing. Finally, President-elect Barack Obama. I can't wait until we can ditch that hyphen and elect. Ebony's person of the year. I didn't even know Ebony had a person of the year but, why not invent such a category for Mr. President, Barack Obama.

No comments: